Thursday, September 17, 2009

A few of my favourite things

This is George - my adopted grandpa!
George is one of my favourite things. This man could dance the hind leg off a donkey! He was always the life and soul of the party; boy, did the ladies love him! And no - that is not lipstick on his upper lip...it's a sort of time piece. The intensity of the red wine stain on Georgie's upper lip got darker as the afternoon/evening wore on. When it was noticeable from 10 feet away, I knew it was home time....not for him, for me! That man could maintain. He outdid us all, and I miss him a LOT!

Other fave things in this pic are my Corona, my fake nose-ring, my LBH (affectionately referred to by all as the lesbian biker hat), my tassled pleather bra-shirt, and my Mitsubishi Spyder (maroon nose to the RHS of the tree). Well, sad to say - all of these things are mere memories to me now.
Georgie has gone to heaven; the Corona has been consumed; the fake nose ring got sucked up by my vacuum cleaner; the old LBH is "missing in action" (along with countless keys, lighters, sunglasses, cell-phones, etc.); the pleather shirt disintegrated and old Mitsi got replaced by a younger model.
Man - how can a girl lose so much good stuff in the space of 2 short years. Rock on, George!

1 comment:

  1. well then, this seems like a shopping list! Go 2 store, get a new bra shirt (cool), put it on. Get a new key chain, remove nose ring, (very cool), put it on. Go 2 lesbian biker hats R us, get a new LBH (way 2 cool), put it on. Keep current automobile, drive it to total wine, buy corona, drink it..... its gonna be a great day...

    Oh yea, wear new boots!

    rip george cant get another one like him, irreplaceable...............

    ReplyDelete