Friday, September 18, 2009

My BFF

Digby Wallet...
...and Warren Eisele, and me. When Digby and I weren't sharing my tresses, we were drinking cold beer and and perving at hot women at the Umhlanga Surf Life Saving Club, amongst many other places: Cottonfields, Joe Kools, The Cattleman, Jack Rabbits, The Sands, Bonkers, Harleys, Cool Runnings, The Hard Rock, Funkies, Hotel California, Yazoo, Billy the Bums, The Westville....etc., etc., and literally "add" nauseum. Man - we had such great times.

This was a true friend...a bon-vivant and a confidante. He would have been my Best Friend Forever if the bloody cancer hadn't taken him away. He is still with me though, ever present! I have the occasional "Stoli and cranberry juice" with him. I still share my affairs of the heart with him. He still listens, and he never judges. We still laugh together. I still cry on his shoulder. He has the patience of a saint and the heart of a lion.

He used to say to me: "When my daughters grow up, I want them to be just like you". What greater compliment could there be? I try to live up to his expectations. Digby, I hope I never fail you! I miss you buddy! A LOT!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid,

    I am Digby's daughter :) How strange to find this post online. I hope you still recieve these comments. It would be great to get in touch.

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ingrid

    Its Lauren. I remember you. Would also love to be in touch. Leigh in in London and I'm in SA. Let us know if you are ever in either place.
    Love Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Yngwie,

    I poured a lot of those drinks :-) They truly were great times. Simple and uncomplicated. It's lovely to see you and Digby again.

    This memory has created a lovely bubble...right in the middle of my frightful day. Sweet nostalgia!

    Gregory

    ReplyDelete